Page last updated 2/22/2002
Register Your Non-Profit with WeCareToo
Find non-profits you want to support.
View by Location:
Nigerian Center For Human Rights And Democracy
#350 Forces Avenue, Block 08
G. P. O. Box 13674
Phone - 234 84 968 799
FAX # - 234 84 230 238
email - email@example.com
Nigerian Center for Human Rights and Democracy, NCHRD, was established in 1995 to provide leadership
in the protection and enforcement of human rights,social justice and to support and sustain the
democratization process in Nigeria and Africa.
NCHRD is a registered charity and is dependent on donations from individual supporters and on grants
from foundations, international organizations and governments.
- To effectively assist victims of injustice especially of gross human rights violations and to seek
redress through domestic courts, African Court of Human and Peoples' Rights and the United Nations
- To Investigate incidents of torture inhuman and degrading treatment against government agents and
publish such reports;
- To seek the right to habeas Corpus proceedings, and campaign for prompt trial of suspects or
immediate release from detention, where no charge is made against the suspects;
- To advocate for fair trial in the administration of justice in Nigeria:in access to court
proceedings, legal representation, independent and impartial courts and tribunals, public and prompt
- To conduct independent investigation of reports of unlawful killings and disappearances and the
findings of such investigations made public. Government shall be required to to prosecute alleged
torturers and killers;
- To ensure that the military remains out of Nigerian politics and governance, and the
democratization of the sub-Saharan region of Africa;
- Promoting democracy and democratic institutions such as multi-partysm, free press, exclusion of
military officers from participating in politics and a genuine, meaningful popular participation in
politics and government;
- To work towards political stability and sustainability in the sub-region through education in
political participation, domestic election monitoring, international observance of elections and
- To reinforce domestic observance of international human rights law;
- To assist refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, irregular immigrants and
vulnerable members of the society that are exposed to discrimination, exploitation, abuse and social
- To offer human rights education to local and grassroot organizations through short-term training
programs and internship.
NCHRD is governed by a Board responsible for setting policy and the implementation of policies.
NCHRD current establishment comprises an Executive Director/Head of Legal Services, President,
Secretary-General, Administrative Director, four lawyers and four supporting staff.
For Internship Opportunities contact:
Chief Administrative Officer
For Advocacy and Research contact:
Dr. B. Lexington
Legal Advisor and Consultant
This organization has informed us they are qualified to receive tax deductible contributions.
Send Nigerian Center For Human Rights And Democracy an email.
Register Your Non-Profit
WeCareToo Home |
What is WeCareToo? |
WeCareToo Non-Profits |
WeCareToo Advertisers |
Shop the WeCareToo Mall |
Member Classifieds |
Internet Resources | Send Us An Email |
Become an Affiliate
Our Site Is Powered By
Make WebHostingPad Your Home Too!!!
Copyright 2019 TWT Marketing. All rights reserved