Page last updated 4/06/2007
Register Your Non-Profit with WeCareToo
Find non-profits you want to support.
View by Location:
All India Youth Development Association - AIYDA
205/8236, Kannamwar Nagar, Vikroli, East
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400083
Phone # - 9820202126
FAX # - +91 22 25787837
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address - http://chandukubal.homestead.com
ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION is a youth and community development program that addresses core issues facing low-income communities: housing, education, employment, crime prevention, and leadership development. In ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION programs, low-income young people ages 16-24 work toward their GED or high school diploma, learn job skills and serve their communities by building affordable housing, and transform their own lives and roles in society.
In ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT programs, low-income young people ages 1624 work toward their GED or high school diploma while learning job skills by building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people. Strong emphasis is placed on leadership development and community service.
All (AIYDA) students are poor and many have had experience with foster care, juvenile justice, welfare, and homelessness. Participants spend 6 to 24 months in the full-time program, dividing their time between the construction site and the ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION alternative school. Community and faith-based nonprofit organizations sponsor most programs, although some are sponsored by public agencies. Each ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION program raises private and public funds to support itself. Primary support comes from the PUBLIC WORKS Department of Housing and Urban Development through a dedicated federal line item.
Because a comprehensive approach is called for, the ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION program has gradually and inevitably become a number of things at once:
- An alternative school, in which young people attend a ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION'S school full-time on alternate weeks, studying for their GEDs or high school diplomas. Classes are small, allowing one-on-one attention to students.
- A community service program, in which young people build housing for homeless and other low-income people, providing a valuable and visible commodity for their hard-pressed communities.
- A job training and pre-apprenticeship program, in which young people get close supervision and training in construction skills full-time on alternate weeks from qualified instructors.
- A leadership development and civic engagement program, in which young people share in the governance of their own program through an elected policy committee and participate actively in community affairs, learning the values and the life-long commitment needed to be effective and ethical community leaders.
- A youth development program, in which young people participate in personal counseling, peer support groups, and life planning processes that assist them in healing from past hurts, overcoming negative habits and attitudes, and pursuing achievable goals that will establish a productive life.
- A long-term mini-community, in which young people make new friends committed to a positive lifestyle, pursue cultural and recreational activities together, and can continue to participate for years through the ALL INDIA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION Alumni Association.
- A community development program, in which community-based organizations obtain the resources to tackle several key community issues at once, strengthening their capacity to build and manage housing for their residents, educate and inspire their youth, prevent crime, create leadership for the future, and generally take responsibility for their neighborhoods.
This organization has informed us they are qualified under their local country tax law to receive tax deductible contributions.
Send All India Youth Development Association - AIYDA an email.
Visit the All India Youth Development Association - AIYDA web site.